Dr. Nwankwo Tony Nwaezeigwe is a radical Africanist scholar, Civil Rights Activist, and Political Affairs Analyst.
He holds parallel appointments at the Institute of African Studies, and Department of History and International Studies, University of Nigeria, Nsukka.
He is currently the Director, Nigerian Civil War & Genocide Research Network.
Formerly Director, Centre for Igbo Studies, University of Nigeria, Nsukka and, President, Igbo People’s Congress (IPC), he is currently in exile as a result of Anti-Isalamization Legal Action he filed against the present Federal Government in 2016 in which he exposed the plan for the current state of political precipitate.
He holds a PhD in International History and Diplomacy, specializing in Black Africa-Arab Relations, and Ethno-Religious Conflicts.
He has in his intellectual kitty more than seventy publications spanning over academic research and public affairs, including a legion of Television appearances on national and international issues.
Indeed, it is striking to note that it was during one of his interviews at the AIT Kaakaki morning programme over the OPC assault on Hausa-Fulani residents of Lagos State at Mile 12, Lagos, that the Taraba State-born ace Journalist and Kaakaki anchor, Mr. Jika Attoh ended his career in AIT, after the Nigeria Police invaded the AIT at Alagbado, Lagos and assaulted and subsequently arrested him.
Dr. Nwaezeigwe’s escape from the mayhem was miraculous. Among his publications include the following books:
1. THE NIGERIAN NATIONALITY QUESTION AND ANATOMY OF IGBO-FULANI CONFRONTATION Washington DC & London: Academica Press, 2021
2. POLITICS, CULTURE AND ORIGINS IN NIGERIA: The Igbo and their Nri Neighbors (2020) Washington D C and London: Academica Press
3. DELIVERED FROM THE MOUTH OF THE DRAGON: Face-To-Face Encounter With Islamist Terrorism (2020) Washington DC and London: Academica Press
4.THE AFRICAN THEATER OF THE MIDDLE EAST CONFLICT: Studies in Arab Neo-Colonialism in Black Africa (2019) Washington DC: Academica Press Inc.
5. Ngoni (An Historical Survey of the Ngoni People of Malawi) (1997) New York: The Rosen Publishing Inc.
6. THE IGBO AND THEIR NRI NEIGHBOURS (2007) Enugu : SNAAP Press Limited
7. THE HISTORY, CULTURE AND POLITICS OF IGBO LEADERSHIP: An Ethnic Keg of Bubbling Disunity Sitting Sitting on the Shifting Sand of National Politics (2014) Enugu: Eminota Press Limited
8. BEHIND YORUBA COWARDICE AND AGAINST IGBO QUISLINGS (1999) Lagos : Panaf Press
9. ETHNICITY AND THE POLITICS OF IGBO-YORUBA RELATIONS (1998) Lagos: Department of Political Science, University of Lagos Guest Lectures Monograph Series
10. With Funmilayo Adesanya-Davis and Ezekiel Nyenwegwe NIGERIAN CONSTITUTIONAL REVIEW Scholar Press, 2020, http;www.schoolarppress.com
Among his Completed Books awaiting Publication include:
1. POVERTY OF YORUBA ISLAMISM AND FULANI POLITICAL EGOTISM: Any Share in Muhammad’s Kingdom?
2. THE MIND OF SHEHU USMAN DAN FODIO: Anatomy of Disorder and Political Liability in the Nigerian State
3. THE MISTAKE OF BIAFRA AND THE STRUGGLE FOR NIGERIAN NATIONALITY