In an inspiring Sunday sermon delivered by Pastor Mathew James Eleojo at the Solemn Faith International Church, Federal Housing Estate Woji, Port Harcourt, attendees were given a powerful message on the significance of having a prophet on their side.
Drawing from biblical references, Pastor Mathew focused on how aligning oneself with a prophet can lead to divine intervention in life’s challenges.
He cited passages from the Bible, including 1 Kings 1:11-24 and 1 Samuel 7:6-12, to emphasize the real impact of prophets in people’s lives, stating that “Prophet involvement is as real as God involvement” (Amos 7:3).
During the sermon, Pastor Mathew defined prophets as “God’s rescue agents ordained, empowered, and sent by God to rescue humanity from the devil’s atrocities.”
He also stressed their role as “territorial commanders on earth” who act according to God’s divine plan.
Pastor Mathew outlined several reasons why people need prophets:
1. Prosperity: To prosper in life and destiny (2 Chronicles 20:20, Ezra 5:1-2, 6:14).
2. Divine Guidance: To know the mind of God concerning a matter (Jeremiah 3:15, Philippians 2:5, Proverbs 23:7, 2 Kings 3:11-15).
3. Divine Intervention: To enforce and ensure the will of God and His intervention on earth (Acts 1:10-11, John 1:46-51, Hosea 12:13, 1 Samuel 7:6-12, Acts 13:2).
4. Answers to Prayers: To experience instant answers to prayers (Exodus 2:23-25, Genesis 20:7, 21:1-6, Isaiah 37:25).
5. Open Heavens: To operate and enjoy open heavens (1 Kings 18:42-46, Ezekiel 34:26).
To provoke prophetic intervention, Pastor Mathew advised attendees to be born again, believe in and receive the ministry of the prophet, and seek to promote the interests of God’s kingdom.
He urged them to be discerning, focusing on the work of God rather than the flaws of prophets.
In his closing remarks, Pastor Mathew left the congregation with two key takeaways: “Celebrating their similarities and avoiding familiarity will help your quick response from heaven,” and “The room you make for them will guarantee your release of blessings from the souls.”
The service also featured special prayers for divine intervention and healing, making it an impactful gathering for all in attendance.